Tuesday 26 January 2016

proposed ywt visitor centre at Spurn

I imagine there cant be many birders from Barnsley who haven't visited Spurn. I first visited in 1970 with Phil Wordsworth and Dave Standring and, apart from the 'wilderness years' I spent birding at Filey, I've been a regular visitor ever since, and now live in Easington. Not many places I'd have moved to from Broomhill. Spurn is one of the few wild and unique place left. The YWT are proposing to build a two storey visitor centre with a 23m radar tower, which is basically a wind turbine mast with a 5m rotating arm on the top, on a small meadow by the canal scrape. Spurn Bird Observatory Trust are opposed to it as are over 90% of locals. If you would like to Keep Spurn Wild please go to GAZPICSVIEW.WORDPRESS.COM to see how to object to this obscene development.
cheers Mick

No comments: