Tuesday 6 May 2014

Bolton Ings et al - Bank Holiday Monday

For the second day running I started on Wombwell ings where the Glossy Ibis was still present on the first pool. Also on this pool was a drake Garganey, 2 Avocets and 2 LRP's. The Pink Footed Goose was still in the back field.

Next stop was my usual jaunt onto Bolton Ings although I varied my route to do a full circuit of the Ings to count the warblers and anything else I could find. The open water was very quiet although 2 Avocets and a Common Tern had a fly round. The main interest today was the warblers and I heard exactly 100 singing males of 6 species. Full List :- Grey Heron 1, Mute Swan 6, Canada Goose 17, Grey Lag Goose 10 + 3 broods, Great Crested Grebe 3, Little Grebe 11, Mallard 16 + 2 broods, Gadwall 6, Shoveler 3, Tufted Duck 58, Pochard 11, Coot 84, Moorhen 8, Lapwing 4. Oystercatcher 4, Avocet 2, Black Headed Gull 310, Common Gull 2, LBB Gull 3, Common Tern 1, Sparrowhawk 2, Green Woodpecker 1, Jay 1, Grey Wagtail 1, Kingfisher 1, Sand Martin c20, Swift c50, Willow Warbler 36, Chiffchaff 14, Blackcap 20, Whitethroat 19, Sedge Warbler 8, Reed Warbler 2.

No comments: