Wednesday 11 December 2013

Carlton Marsh

It was really quiet today with nothing different to report. However, this morning by arrangement with Russ Boland, Countryside and Parks Officer for BMBC, a group of people from Voluntary Action Barnsley came to coppice Hazel and Hawthorn in the car park area to create a gladed area for butterflies etc. Also hard at work were BMBC official David Gill and Councillor Charles Wraith with Russ.
Meanwhile Keith Bannister, Rod Heeley and myself were busy coppicing Alder and Birch on the north bank of the scrape, which now gives better open views from the hide. After I managed to fall in the scrape up to my knees, VAB members continued the good work after dinner. 
I would like to thank all of you for a good job well done!




2 comments:

Ian Hey said...

Hi Cliff,
could you email me on ihey@blueyonder.co.uk as I need to ask you a couple of questions?
Ian

Cliff Gorman said...

okay Ian will do