Saturday 21 September 2013

Broomhill Flash

On my arrival to Broomhill Flash this morning I was greeted by the sound of shot guns once again so I knew it was going to be sparse and I wasn't wrong. I was in the hide for 45 minutes and must have heard 50 shots in that short time. Geese were lying dead in the back field but not all one or two were injured and trying to make their way onto Broomhill Flash to get away from the onslaught. One of the guys actually came onto Broomhill Flash to collect a dead goose at the end of the shoot, which was wrote in the logbook.

Anyway rant over here's the dwindling  numbers for Broomhill.

Grey Heron 2,
Spotted Redshank 1,
Snipe 4.

Mute Swan 2,
Great Crested Grebe 1,
Little Grebe 1,
Tufted Duck 13,
Shoveler 3,
Gadwall 1,
Kingfisher 1.

Chiffchaff 1,
Yellow Wagtail 2,
Weasel.

Also Barn Owl was seen 20.00hrs Friday Night.

3 comments:

Lawy said...

You can't educate pork!

Unknown said...

Too True!

Unknown said...

Aren't the police interested?