Monday 28 January 2013

Cudworth

I didn't manage to get out today - Management Committee meeting then the rain.  However, the aptly named Early Moth visited my patio window last night, my first moth of the year. 


Then this afternoon I noticed a female Blackcap feeding on the fat balls.  I had a male coming in irregularly two years ago, but could I hell catch it for ringing.


This is one I did earlier as it were.
Goldfinch T918044   1st winter male ringed 19-01-10 my garden
                                                    retrapped 19-02-10 my garden
                                              found dead 01-12-12 Grimethorpe. 4 km E.1047 days. Found by M. Oliver. 
I gather the HS2 high speed train is coming through, I hope it doesn't affect any of us! 

2 comments:

ASmith said...

The proposal shows it coming between Carlton Marsh and Cudworth bypass.

Cliff Gorman said...

Yes I have had time to absorb it now Ange and although I might not be around to see it up and running its going to affect what happens here. 18 trains a day in either direction thats a lot of noise and disturbance. I had been hoping it would go along the old Midland line north.