Wednesday 14 November 2012

40 Years On

Today 40 years ago the wildlife recording system began at what is now Carlton Marsh! 

Below is a photo of the regulars back in 1979, two years after  the site was declared a Local Nature Reserve.  I think it was the first local authority owned and managed reserve in the country? 

Look closely and you will see Eric Bennett (extreme left) next to him Edwin Blunt & his wife, Keith Bannister, me, Gary Lee (not the Worsborough one) John J. Jackson, John Moore and a very young Peter Senior (aged just 15)


Due to commitments I didn't manage to get out today, but here a two moths I caught in my garden trap last night.
Feathered Thorn

The Herald

4 comments:

Young Nudger said...

Now thats what I call a great photo - and I'm not talking about the moths.
Looks like an Everest expedition.

The WIM Man said...

Brilliant Cliff, Pete has had endless stick about his passport photo but this starts off a new era!

Graham Speight said...

Excellent nostalga. And congrats on the first 40 years

Cliff Gorman said...

Thanks lads here's to the next 40 years.