Monday 10 September 2012

Better Birding. Or is it?

Following on from WIM Mans comments about better birding inland compared to the coast. I've had a think abart this - and personally I think all birding is relative.
For example, for me, the biggest thrill is to see things in your own garden followed closely by birds on your own patch. I consider my own patch along the Dearne Valley to be an extension of my own front garden. I know others will think on the same lines.
There's an exciting buzz about Spurn Point at this time of year, every bird is a potential rarity. But nothing is better than seeing something like a bullfinch in your own back garden or seeing a flock of ruff dropping onto Wombwell Ings. And nothing can beat sitting in the hide at Wath Ings as it looks right now.

1 comment:

Upland Tyke said...

as long as tha not seeing things raand tarn.