Friday 10 August 2012

working progress?

Not much news received today from Old Moor area although I was told there was no change but no species mentioned. My visit to Broomhill Flash yielded 3 Green Sands and 5 Snipe but no sign of the Whimbrel which I believe was there earlier. A surprise for me at work today was a Nuthatch in the grounds of Glebe Court at Tankersley. It was the first time I'd ever had one there though when you think about it there's pretty much woodland from there all the way up to Wortley Forge where I assume the species remains common? Anyway, rekindled memories of a Nuthatch I had in the early 70s whilst working at Cannon Hall, the first Barnsley record for many years. Cannon Hall to this - how did that happen?

1 comment:

Young Nudger said...

'How did that happen'....TIME !!!...... and time stands still for no man.
Which is very poignant having been to a funeral of an old workmate today and sat having a drink with guys that I worked with for years and didn't even recognise some of them because they looked so old? Devastating.
A fantastic journey.........but for how much longer?