Wednesday 18 July 2012

Bono!

My first visit to Old Moor since Thursday and having heard tales of rather birdless expanses of water I was left pleasantly surprised. The water levels are falling fast on Wader Scrape and there were plenty of birds to look at. Site totals included Little Egret, 3 Oystercatchers, c400 Lapwings, 2 Green Sands' 3 Common Sands', Curlew.

The sun was out and likewise my camera. The sun was strong and so was my camera. Quite fortunate actually as I managed to drop it in 50% of the four hides visited. A few pictures below as testimony to the strength of the Canon 7D:

A Great Spotted Woodpecker on someones nuts......
A juvenile Curlew on mud on The Mere..................

and a Common Sandpiper on the mud at Wath Ings...........................................


No comments: